*𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐉𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠*
𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 / 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐞?
• Graphic Designer at Cboe Global Markets
𝗪𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥/𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐲𝐨𝐮’𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐝?
• I worked as a chef at Disney World for a few months, which was an amazing experience but also the reason that I dropped cooking as a career. The work was such a repetitive, joyless grind that I figured that if free access to Disney World wasn't worth it, nothing ever would be.
• I make wooden pins and games, and I also do custom laser cutting. Find it all at shop.jval.co
𝗪𝐡𝐚𝐭’𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮’𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝?
• If you're doing work for a client, never show them work that you're not proud of. It doesn't matter if you're trying to pad out a proposal or show why an idea doesn't work in application. If you present a bad choice, 9/10 times that's the one your client will pick.
𝗪𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲?
• So many tools are available now that make the creation and consumption of design more accessible than ever. I'm excited to see new ideas come to the forefront as we see more and more creative freedom in the industry.
𝗪𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤?
• My main portfolio site is at jval.co and any projects I have will be posted there when they're completed. I'm also on Instagram as @jval.co,but it's primarily focused on the wooden pin game right now.
𝐅𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭?
• Glacier National Park, MT
𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞?
• I'm always up to collaborate with local designers, hit me up if you dig my vibe.
Our friends @SaltyPorkBitswill be showing off their new branding and packaging at the @metrocookingdcevent this weekend. We had an incredible time working on the identity and an entire set of custom illustrations for their cured meats labels. Here's a look at our dear character, The Pig, in the midst of everyday activities that any normal pig might do. More to come.
Have you any question? Please send mail us: [email protected] - Updated: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 05:15:11 GMT